Monday, April 27, 2009

Survivor!


Whew!

Well, I survived my week (ok, 5 days) unplugged. Five whole days w/out the internet was not easy and I have to say that way to much communication happens online for me to realistically make that a habit...
It worked out to be a blessing though since I was able to rest my swollen ankle instead of giving into the temptation to climb the stairs to check my email - over and over again. It was fun to curl up in bed with a good book (Dracula) and fall asleep early every night! (Amazing how reading Dracula produced more restful sleep than staring at my beloved screen...)
While I'm not tempted to try this challenge again, I am inspired. For the month of May, I will be keeping my computer off on Tuesdays and spending the evening curled up with one of my many books that I've been meaning to read. If anyone see's me lurking around on here on Tuesday's, hold me accountable!

This week probably could not have come at a better time for Xander. Since he was so sick a couple of weeks ago, he was still going thru TV detox (i.e. asking for a movie ever 10 minutes or so...). Although we didn't get to go out as much as I would have liked (silly swollen ankle), we were able to find some creative alternatives around the house to occupy us. After the first day or two the requests for movies subsided and we immersed ourselves in the business of play!

Rich didn't participate with us last week, but his poor x-box bit the dust and he will get the opportunity to 'go dark' in his own way for the next several weeks while it is being repaired. So it looks like all of us will be getting some 'unplugged' time.

2 comments:

  1. I left a comment on your original post :0
    I was inspired too but am glad to not be tied to it. Check out the giveaway at my blog if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That's a noble feat indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete