Thursday, June 4, 2009

Benched

So I told you with excitement about our newly refinished table and bench! I had such idealistic dreams of bantering, playful boys scrunched close together on this bench eating baked goodies and lavishing praise on their hard-working mama... :sigh:

Then reality hit. At this point in time, the boys cannot seem to get along on my dreamy bench. In fact, they would fight over the bench even when it wasn't meal time.

For example, I overheard the following conversation a week ago...

X: It's a bench
K: NO. it's a chair.
X: A bench.
K: :high pitched scream: It's a chair!
X: :leaning forward: BENCH, cuz I'm taller than you and I :pauses to think: ...talk a lot.

...and so thanks to some wonderful advice from a fellow bench owning mommy, they now take turns; one day the bench, the next day a chair.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if I commented on your bench/table refinishing before but they look amazing! Glad you got the bench/chair thing figured out ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day we had a spoon with a flowered handle show up at our house, from where? never found out. The arguing that ensued over who got the "flower" spoon was utterly ridiculous! I got a chuckle out of Xander's: I'm taller than you and I talk alot. He says the funniest things :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...I'm cracking up at their little dialogue! Funny kids!

    ReplyDelete