Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Getting Ready for Greta...


We have been busy over here getting ready for Greta's arrival.  Last month at the cabin, Xander and I went for a walk on his birthday and I told him all about the day he was born.  Since there has been so much excitement with learning about pregnancy, babies and anticipating Greta being born I guess it was only natural that his afternoon playdough creation would be of him and his first moments in my arms!

Keegan, my little artist, has also been drawing up a storm.  He's illustrated picture after picture to be hung in Greta's room.  That is on the to-do list for tomorrow!  He is obsessed with spelling words right now and we just crack up at his use of phonetics.  Before I actually sounded out and explained how Greta's name was spelled, this was his first couple of attempts at her name!

 This is going to be one well-protected little girl.  I love all of the knights surrounding her. 

And they aren't the only one's getting ready.  There has been a flurry of laundry (I won't tell you how long it's been since I washed the car seat cover), cleaning, prepping my birth kit and some sewing projects that have kept me busy, busy, busy.

I'm thankful that my sisters have come over a couple of times for sewing afternoons as I needed some motivation to get stuff done, especially repairing old diapers. ugh.  The subsequent projects were far more enjoyable!

Just another week or two (or three).




5 comments:

  1. Keegan's drawing is wonderful! So glad your sisters are helping you stay rested. The boys sound like they are well prepared to love Greta instead of resent her-- that is super. You make it all look effortless but I know better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With five of your own, you would know that it is never easy or effortless. :) I'm so very thankful for that nesting instinct that God gave us at the end to push through and get prepared!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It won't be long now and all of those knights will be surrounding her watching for the dragons. LOVE that protective instinct in our boys!

    Hang in there! She'll be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to mention: Xander's play dough sculpture is amazing! What an illustration of love!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! How sweet! Love you all, MiMa

    ReplyDelete